Our agent Frank Murphy was working hard over the holidays and was interviewed by the local news! Check out the 2 news stories below to see what Frank Murphy had to say about his listings in town.
The feature article takes on the winter months and subsequent slow down in the real estate business…what are agents doing to defy this embedded notion? The best agents succeed year around-take a peek to see what they have lined up for Q1 and gain knowledge from their mind set share.
In the most recent issue of, Outfront v 13.2.2016, a publication of Keller Williams, Inc. a feature article is titled, “Head Turners”. The subject title illustrates that Keller Williams has what it takes to attract the best and brightest agents in the industry as they make the pointed career move to join our company. Agents at this strata can choose any place to work, but they are choosing Keller Williams for their capping structure, profit sharing opportunities, state -of-the-art technology tools, the educational curriculum and more. The culture here at Keller Williams is another major draw. Top Producing agents can be elitists preferring to keep their best business practices a secret. A new agent has no chance of learning from the experienced ones and often the environment can leave a divided work place between the million dollar producers and the new kids on the block. At Keller Williams, its founder, Gary Keller, is all about sharing information with the philosophy that collaboration is key to growth and prosperity. By way of example, Steve Kaer, who moved to Keller Williams this last June, 2016, spent 34 years of his real estate career with Coldwell Banker. Why would he move? What could motivate a spectacular change of this sort? He says, “We know we can get clarity on anything, at anytime from anyone. This has been paramount…..” To put things in perspective, Mr. Kaer and his team in the past twelve years have racked up more than $70 million in closed volume. Others like him are are taking notice because they know with certainty they can take their business to the next level by being in business with the right people-in this case it is Keller Williams Realty. This is awesome industry news. It is breaking the boundaries of pre-millennial paradigm of us against them real estate companies and agents staying put without really knowing why they stay were they are. Agents have options these days to be more than entrepreneurs; they can be that and smart business people who have aligned themselves with a culture that practices, “ What you focus on expands”(Dianna Kokoszka, CEO of KW MAPS Coaching). Pretty cool!
Be on top! Subscribe even if you are new to the industry or a seasoned agent. It’s FREE. As you have heard, Keller Williams believes in building careers worth having, businesses worth owning, and lives worth living. And, we do everything in our power to make sure it happens. At KW we make it a practice to approach the industry from all angles. In this case, it is our pleasure to share a newsletter tool that will keep you informed on how best to manage and run your business.
Outbound Engine® is a FREE newsletter delivered to you bi-weekly. Designed to illustrate key points on how to take your business to the next level. Or best practices for video use in real estate sales. Plus, book recommendations every real estate agent should have on their shelf. Follow the link to start building your resources for success.
The three major milestones for earning a California Real Estate License are the completion of the education requirements , the submission of the exam/licensing forms and the selection of a real estate broker where you will hang your license. Here are 10 things to know about the process:
1. You must be 18 year of age or older.
2. Proof of legal residence in the United States. Not a California resident? Visit: http://bre.ca.gov/Examinees/OutOfState.html
3. Find & enroll in an accredited online real estate school or community college for the Salesperson license. (Every licensee must hold a Salesperson license for two years before applying for a Broker license).
4. Successful completion of the three required , 45-hour courses: Real Estate Practice, Real Estate Principles and an Elective Course. (Tip: takes a minimum of 7 1/2 weeks to complete-if you are a go-getter)
5. BRE License and Examination application. You can apply for the exam and license separately. However, if you do both at once, you will save time!
Salesperson Exam/License form (RE 435)
Proof of Legal presence (RE205)
Fingerprint/Live Scan (RE 237) Cabrillo College Sheriff Department, one choice (TIP: this can be done at the same time of your licensing application or, afterwards; but must be submitted before your license can be issued. It is
highly recommended that you do it at the same time you submit your Salesperson License application)
Pay By Credit Card (RE 909) optional
Send Certified Mail with Proof of Delivery-a huge peace of mind!
6. WAIT patiently. Use this time to create a database of future clients: family, friends, people you do business with like a hairdresser, car mechanic, your gardener, you get the idea).
7. The exciting part! Upon hearing that the BRE has accepted and approved your application, you are now eligible to set your exam date. http://bre.ca.gov/Examinees/HowWhereScheduled.html. Once you select the exam location and date you can self-schedule for the exam date through the BRE elicensing online system.
8. Through your real estate school set-up a Crash-Course weekend the week prior to your exam. This will help prepare you to be in top form and in the optimum state-of mind to pass the exam.
9. So, the exam is scheduled. Now, is the time to shop for brokerages where you intend to hang your license. Set up a confidential appointment with Keller Williams Santa Cruz to learn all about what is available to you and how we can support your new career.
10. Last and not least. Licensee applicant must be Honest. Conviction of a crime must be disclosed. There is plenty of information available out there, be informed before you start the process.
It is no secret that Keller Williams has earned the reputation for being the “best training company in the world”, besides being the largest franchise in the world. And it even gets better since Training Magazine named Keller Williams the #1 training company in the world. Keller Williams had to weigh in against the competition because other highly successful businesses outside the real estate industry were under consideration .
The training and education that sets Keller Williams apart is the deliberate focus on getting agents into production as soon as possible. Lead generation boot camp programs, like BOLD, not only serve to motivate but the course confronts the agent to do what he or she may not want to do, but knows instinctively that it is essential to the building and running of a successful business. Keller Williams takes the entrepreneurial spirit of the business owner and drives them to their individual purpose. And, this is just one example.
Keller Williams strives to be at the top of their game in education, as well as having a vested interest in the culture of the company, a laser focus on state of the art technology (with lots of training) and profit sharing. Everyone at Keller Williams has the opportunity to participate in profit share and enjoy the benefits of being full business partners with the owners of the office in which they are affiliated .
You could say that Keller Williams is as passionate about teaching and training their associates as they are about real estate. It is a win-win proposition.
Licensed in California
| Copyright © 2000-2015 Keller Williams ® Realty. - a real estate franchise company. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental. Each brokerage is independently owned and operated.